Here’s what you should know about baptism, why we practice this, and why you should consider responding to Christ in baptism:
- We baptize because of Jesus’ example. Jesus himself was baptized by his cousin John the Baptist before the beginning of his earthly ministry (Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-22).
- We baptize because of Jesus’ instruction. Jesus’ last words before he ascended into heaven was “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations baptizing them…” (Matthew 28:16-20).
- We baptize because of what the Bible says God does through baptism. Paul says that when we are baptized, we identify with Jesus’ death and resurrection, and we too will be united with Jesus in his resurrection (Romans 6:3-11).
(If you would like to learn more about baptism, please email Ryan.)
Here are three ways for you to prepare for Baptism Night
- Pray for those who are considering baptism. Pray that God will continue to work in their lives and draw them to himself.
- Consider responding to Christ in baptism. God loves you. He wants to be in a saving relationship with you.
- Celebrate how God has worked in the lives of those who were baptized. Since there will definitely be rejoicing in heaven, then lets rejoice here!
If you are considering baptism, or have any questions, please email Ryan.