Our fall retreat will be a great opportunity to grow closer to God and one another!
The theme of this year’s fall retreat is TBD.
Guest Speaker: Chris Buxton
Our guest speaker at this year’s fall retreat is Chris Buxton. Chris has led campus ministries and loved college students for more than two decades. He has a passion for teaching the Bible, mentoring college students and ministry leaders, and helping plant new campus ministries. He served as a campus minister at Arkansas Tech University and Arkansas State University.
He currently serves as the young adult minister at Southwest Church of Christ in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Chris and his wife, Monica, have a daughter named Emma. He’s an Arkansas State University alumnus, which is where he first got involved in campus ministry, and has gone on to earn a Masters degree at Harding School of Theology and Doctorate at Lipscomb University.
Friday, October 22
- 7pm – everyone arrives at Eagle Ridge
- 7pm-8pm – dinner (pizza)
- 8pm-9pm – session 1 with Chris Buxton
- 9pm-??? – bonfire, games, snacks
Saturday, October 23
- 9am – wake up
- 9:30am – breakfast
- 10:30am-11:30am – session 2 with Chris Buxton
- 11:30am-5pm – free time and lunch
- 5pm-6pm – session 3 with Chris Buxton
- 6pm-7pm – dinner
- 7pm-??? bonfire, games, snacks, free time
Sunday, October 24
- 7am – wake up
- 7am-8:30am – breakfast and clean up
- 8:30am – everyone leaves Eagle Ridge
Location: Eagle Ridge Retreat Center
Our retreat will be held at Eagle Ridge Retreat Center, which is located right outside of Bowling Green at 8744 Barren River Road, Bowling Green, KY 42101, which is a 17 minute drive from the HFC house.